If you’ve never been to a LAN event before, you may not be sure what people expect you to do. Here are a few general guidelines for our LAN event.
- You’re responsible for your own equipment. If you have to leave, make sure someone is watching it.
- Bring headphones, everyone around you doesn’t want to hear the sounds coming from your game
- Despite being in the same room, a microphone can be useful if you’re in a game with someone on the other side of the room and you need to talk with them.
- Don’t rage over the outcomes of matches, they’re just games (we seriously shouldn’t need this here)
- Having all of the games you plan to play patched and ready to go is ideal, although we will likely have a slow internet source
- If you want to start a different game, either using the chat program or yelling across the room will work. Just don’t do it every 30 seconds if no one wants to play.
- Bring your own ethernet cable
- Have fun, that’s why the event exists