Tomorrow we’re having the UW Gamers LAN Party!
Saturday, November 28th.
10am to 10pm
If you’re planning on coming, here are a few tips for you before you do! Please read over this!
Things you should bring:
DESKTOP supplies: (for those bringing a desktop computer)
1) Your computer + power cable
2) Your monitor + power cable
3) Power bar (don’t assume that there will be 2 power outlets just waiting for you)
LAPTOP supplies: (for those bringing a laptop computer)
1) Your laptop
1a) A laptop lock
2) Your power cord (label it!)
3) A power bar anyway! Sure, you only use one outlet, but if you can’t find a free outlet, you’re out of luck. Bring a power bar!
4) A mouse (and mousepad)
6) Your longest network cable (label it!). With a 25 foot cable, you shouldn’t have any problems plugging in. Wireless will be provided as an option, but do you really want to do that?
7) Games! If you have a favourite game and want others to play it, bring your install CD
Money! We’re going to have some food/beverages available for nominal cost.
1) Update your games with latest patches
2) Keep a copy of all those patches for those who forget to do item 1
3) Install DC++ ( http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ ) We’ll set up a server for it and it will be the main IRC chat channel. It’s also a file transfer system for sharing those patches from item 2. This will be much easier than moving USB sticks around. For sharing those files, it has to hash everything beforehand, so setting it up tonight is a good idea.
4) Label your belongings! If anything is left over at the end, UW Gamers will hold on to it, but it would be nice to know who owns it.
See everyone tomorrow.