Official Smash Brothers Melee Tournament Rules
admin posted in Events on July 5th, 2006
It’s not too late to sign up!!!
We’ve nailed down the rules set for the tournament. Keep in mind that we’ve tried to satisfy the masses, which means some people won’t be happy with all the rules. Tough bananas.
- The tournament is a Swiss style round robin
- Each player will be matched at random against an opponent with a similar win/loss record
- After THREE losses, the player is eliminated from the tournament
- The entry fee is $5. This fee is optional!
- Only paying players will be eligible for the cash prize
- The winner will receive 6/12 (half) the prize money
- Second, third and fourth place will receive 3/12, 2/12 and 1/12 of the prize money respectively.
- We will have many MANY Gamecubes so multiple matches will be taking place at the same time.
- All matches will be one on one with a stock of FIVE lives.
- The matches will have NO time limit
- A stage will be randomly assigned to each match
- The following stages will NOT be used in this tournament:
Flat Zone, Big Blue, Poke Floats, Icicle Mountain
- Items will be turned ON
- The item frequency is set at Medium
- The following items will be DISABLED:
All food items
That should be about it! If there are any further questions, please see the forums or leave a comment.
See you on Monday!
- Gee (webadmin)